The vision of the Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Silchar is as follows:
- Our Department is to be recognized nationally and internationally for its excellence in teaching and research.
- Our Department should be remembered in providing excellent Mathematical skills to its UG, PG and Ph. D. students.
- Department is to create a platform for encouraging outcome based research environment.
The mission of the Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Silchar is as follows:
- To excel in providing high quality Mathematical skills to undergraduate, post graduate and Ph. D. students.
- To provide in significant research.
- To attend the mathematical needs of the institute and the community.
- To provide students (UG/PG) with a wide spectrum of valuable courses with rigorous training/tutorials that enables them to pursue their future.
- To make Engineers to develop the mathematical thoughts and applying it to solve complex engineering problems, designing mathematical models to meet the requirements.
- To encourage both research scholars and faculty members of the Department to be the exposures of different research environments in India and abroad.